Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Likely my last post from overseas

So tomorrow I fly out of Auckland to LAX. I will arrive in LAX 7 hours before I took off so that is always fun.
Today I did a free tour of the city went to the sky tower, the tallest volcano in the area, the harbor bridge (under it to the bungee platform to see some jumpers, frankly didn't seem like such a big deal, especially after skydiving but I didn't feel like spending any more money to attempt to get my adrenaline flowing as skydiving didn't, zorbing did a little but it certainly wasn't scary.) and some other stuff. Yesterday I went to the zoo and saw kiwi's. They are a lot bigger than I expected. I was thinking they were small little flightless birds but they have a body about the size of a regulation volleyball. Saw other stuff at the zoo. They periodically parade animals through the zoo for exercise so I got to see the elephants coming down the walkways and boars and stuff like that which was neat.

As per zorbing, I don't think I posted about it yet. I have pictures, but if you didn't click on the link in the previous post, then its basically rolling down a hill in a human sized hamster ball. I did three rolls down the hill. I opted for the ones filled with nice warm water (not all the way but enough to get you completely soaked). I did two zig zag courses and one straight.

I must say I'm going to miss the food... I only have two candy bars left that I want to try: malteasers and milky bar. They are the equivalent of whoppers and white chocolate respectively. Candy here (and everywhere else is so much better than back home).

Anyways, little low on battery and I got some other stuff to be taking care of. Will talk later and start posting pictures when I get back. I'll likely find a site where I can post high quality pictures and provide a link here. If anyone has any questions about anything I might have left out feel free to ask...

In any event, I land in LAX in 13 hours and take off from Auckland in 20, sweet as.

(Sweet as is a kiwi expression)

1 comment:

  1. you're officially one of those study abroad/backpacking snobs now. you know what el? why don't you leave your attitude and your better-than-americaness back in Auckland. this is a positive place, jerk. (I really hope you brought back a kangaroo)

    ReplyDelete