Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Checking In

So I'm sitting in Peterpan's travel right now in Cairns. I'm about to book my Milford Sound Trip and hostels in New Zealand. Tonight I fly to Sydney and tomorrow I will be seeing Transformers 2 on the largest movie screen in the world. ALso, I should be seeing a show in the opera house, Carmina Buranna by Carl Orf so that should be pretty exciting. I've finally broken into a rhythm of travel so as to make things easier when traveling from point to point.

Yesterday I went snorkeling on the reef all day. There's one more thing completed from the bucket list. Swimming with sea turtles is pretty fun and diving with a snorkel is awkward. Got slightly burnt despite spf 50 sun block. I guess I forgot to reapply. (On a side note, you cannot get higher than spf30 here) All in all, the underwater camera I rented yielded some cool pictures and videos. Will post them when I get a chance. Since my flight leaves at 7, I'll just be walking some trails in Cairns today. Thus far from what I've seen its not a very picturesque city, but full of lots of fun tourist shops and back alleys and the like but I've been told the trails I'll be going on today are pretty magnificent.

New Zealand I fear may be too cold for what I've packed so this might get interesting.

Anyways, thats all for now, will post next time I have internet, whenever that is....

No comments:

Post a Comment