Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moving on....

Last night was our last night in Byron so we all went out to dinner at a nice place and got dressed up (or at least as dressed as backpackers get). The place was pretty decent, I took pictures of the food so I can get them uploaded later. I had Waygu Steak which wasn't quite as good as I expected, but still pretty darn good, especially since it's been a while since I've had red meat. In any event, prior to dinner, the uni paid for us to have lunch at a place called Earth and Sea Pizza. I split a Cruel Sea pizza with someone else which had prawns, mussels, clams, and black olives on it. It was actually pretty good. The others got a regular style pizza, a vegetarian pizza, and another one with feta cheese on it though I can't remember what else.

We left Byron Bay today and went to Brisbane where everyone said there goodbyes and caught flights (except for me). I'm in Brisbane for today and then off on a 32 hour train ride to Cairns tomorrow so I'll likely be out of touch for a while unless they have internet on the train (and an outlet) but I'm not getting my hopes up. Was able to get on the internet here via a backpacker travel place. Probably just going to walk around the city and take in the sites today. Might rent a bike as I hear there is some great biking in Brisbane.

There's quite a bit of construction going on in Brisbane, but everything is cheaper than Byron, except for the accomodation, but granted this place is considerably nicer than the last. No ants, no cockroaches, no giant rats. Not that that bothered me a whole lot about the other place, but its still nice to have a cleaner place.

Anyways thats all I got for now. Will post again when I get to Cairns hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. No red meat? And you didn't die? I thought you would surely die. I hope you don't get lonely all by yourself. Be safe & don't do anything too stupid (i.e. trying to hunt deer with your bare hands.) Miss ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete