Sunday, June 7, 2009

At long last....


The Airport in Balina (pronounced: ba {a as in apple} linna) is about the size of South Jersey Regional, the plane just kinda pulled up to this shack smaller than the plane it self and airport securtiy, baggage claim and check in were all there (some snack machines too but I didn't see any bathrooms). Was pretty impressed at how fast things went there for how low staffed it was. Bagge was doen by one guy fuel by another and of course they had the platoon of TSA agents walking around. (on the topic of Airport I dislike Sydney for charging 5.50 AUD to change terminals as you can't walk and must take shuttle or train (both the same price) other than that Sydney was pretty nice, free luggage carts which i didn't use/need)

Anyways, I'm at the hostel in Byron Bay. The hostel is.... well it's a hostel. Some things are better than I expected some things aren't quite as good but nothing I can't deal with. Going to be staying in quite a bit of them so no use complaining. I have met up with the other people in the class. We have tonight and tomorrow to explore than class starts tuesday. It's completely dark by 6pm.

The area is quite nice lots of macamadamia nut trees and brids I've never heard of. Lots of hills and cows and sheep. (There were infact cows grazing directly next to the runway, they didn't seem bothered by the intrusion though) . The shopping here in byron bay seems to be varied from upper middle to low class to no class along with food from all corners of the world. Should be pretty interesting exploring around tomorrow.

I'm about to go out with some people walking around the town I'll post some pictures and whatnot of sunrise in New Zealand and me waiting in LAX later.