Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bright and Early

So I'm in the Auckland Airport (which is very nice exceptfor the lack of free wifi) at a computer terminal. The sun is just starting to rise and I still have an hour before boarding my flight to Sydney. The long flight wasn't too bad. I slept for a lot of it and watched a movie called Australia starring Hugh Jackman, though there was something wrong with mine such that it kept skipping though no one elses was. Food was surprisingly decent on the plane including tea and cadbury hot cocoa breaks in between meals which I mostly slept through. I didn't stand up the entire flight but was able to stretch my legs and kick my shoes off as I had only had one carry on bag stored above me. I got to go upstairs in the 747 after the flight and it wasn't such a big deal. Certainly not worth the $8k they were asking to upgrade to first class. In any event I'm going to let other people use the kiosk now, I'll add pictures of the sunrise to the post later.

PS

IIT systems are down through tomorrow (my tomorrow) so I will not be able to access them for another 2 days.